The measuring principle of the electromagnetic flowmeter (Magmeter) is based upon the Faraday's Law of electromagnetic induction; whereby a voltage is induced by an electrical conductor passing through a magnetic field.
In electromagnetic flowmeter, the medium acts as the electrical conductor when flowing through the meter tube, the induced voltage is proportional to the average flow velocity (the faster the flow rate, the higher the voltage).
The induced voltage is picked up by a pair of electrodes (mounted in the meter tube) and transmitted to a flow transmitter to produce various standardized output signals.Using the pipe cross-sectional area, the volumetric flow rate is calculated by the transmitter.
The following equation is applicable to the induced voltage: U = kBVD where
• Reliable flow measurement for conductive fluid > 5mS/cm.
• Process medium temperature, viscosity, density has no influence on the flow measurement.
• Flow sensor is maintenance free, no moving part and straight through flow tube (no pressure loss).
• With wide selection of lining and electrodes material, flow measurement of very corrosive liquid (e.g. acids, caustic and corrosive chemicals) is not an issue.
• Electromagnetic flowmeter can be used for precise flow measurement of all electrically conductive liquids sludges, slurries, sewage, milk, water waste water.
• iSOLV electromagnetic flowmeter has many applications across many industries
• Water waste water Treatment
• Building Automation (HVAC)
• Food & Beverage
• Pulp and paper
|Accuracy||+/- 0.3% to 0.5%|
|Full Scale Range Setting||0.5 m/s to 10 m/s|
|Fluid Conductivity||> 5µS/cm|
|Power Consumption||<20 VA|
-25°C to 180°C (Depending On Liner Material & Coil Insulation Class)
|Ambient Temperature||-20°C to 60°C|
|Relative Humidity||0 - 97%|
|Calibration Certificate||Wet Calibration – 3 Points (Additional Test Points Upon Request)|
|Type||Flange – DIN 2501/ ANSI/JIS|
|Pressure Rating||Higher Pressure Rating Available On Request|
|Liner Material (Wetted Parts)||Hard Rubber (Std) / PTFE/ Others On Request|
|Signal Electrode Material (Wetted Parts)||SS316 (Std)/ Hastelloy C/ Tantalum/ Titanium|
|Process - Flange||Carbon Steel (Std)/ SS304 (Optional With Price Adder)|
|Housing||DN 10 to DN 300: Die-Cast Aluminium With Epoxy Paint
DN 350 to DN 3800: Steel With Epoxy Paint
|Grounding Rings||SS304 (Std) / SS316|
|Flow Direction||Bi-directional (Forward / Reverse)|
|Field Coils||E class = 130°C
H class = 180°C
|Protection Class||IP 67 / IP 68|
|Removable Electrode Construction||Available (Upon Request)|
|3rd Electrode For None Full Bore Detection||Available (Upon Request)|
|Power Supply||8 5 – 253 VAC, 18 – 36 VDC|
|Display||2 x 16 Alpha Numeric Character LCD|
|Pulse||<5kHz Frequency D. C.|
|Contact Relay||1 no for Alarm/ Empty Pipe|
|Communications||Available On Request: HART/ Profibus DP/ Profibus PA/
Foundation Fieldbus/ RS485
|Housing Material||Aluminium Alloy|
IP 65 / IP 67
|Cable Length||Remote: 10m (Std) Other Length Available up to 50m
|Cable Entry||M20 X 1.5 (Std) / NPT ½”/ PF ½”|
|Note: Specification are subject to change without notice.|
For all inquiries, you may contact us through Telephone, Email or Live Chat Support.
Monday to Friday: 8.00am to 5.30pm
Technical Support (After Office Hours)
Tel: (65) 9876 6258
|By Phone / Fax||By Email|
|Tel: (65) 6553 0366
Fax: (65) 6553 0828